QART Summer School 2018
August 20- 24, 2018
The Quebec Autism Research Training Program (QART) welcomed its first group of trainees at the inaugural Annual Summer School. The training curriculum included an introduction to autism research at the fundamental, clinical and translational levels. More than 20 experts (researchers, professionals, people with autism and their families) contributed to training activities ranging from lectures to interactive skills development sessions. Trainees were encouraged to proactively shape the program by providing feedback and through peer-to-peer learning.
- Lectures on diagnosis, genetics, cellular models, mental health, cognition, brain development, knowledge transfer
- The first “Family Institute” where a young man with autism and family members of children and youth with autism taught the trainees about their experience and expectations from research
- Skills building sessions on “pitching your research”
- A diversity of speakers and perspectives
- Dynamic discussions and interactions among trainees and with instructors.